Most individuals may not understand the significance of using a specific material when designing a home or office. Interior designers, on the other hand, can attest to the importance of this aspect. Right from the concept and selection stages to the final installation and display, the use of high-quality materials is critical to ensuring the design’s longevity.
Timber is the material that is currently reigning supreme in the world of interior design. Parquet timber flooring is one of the most popular and aesthetically pleasing types of timber flooring. Thanks to its natural, subtle warmth, it is emerging as the dominant choice for many homeowners. Walking on engineered timber parquet flooring is an experience everyone should have in their lifetime.
Here are the top ten reasons why you should consider parquetry floorings for your home:
- It adds texture: By incorporating various shades, depth, and visual interest, timber parquet flooring makes even single-coloured schemes look exciting and inviting. Unlike other flooring options, which can appear impersonal and clinical, parquet timber floors add a lively vibe to a home
- It lasts forever: Parquet is a timeless classic that complements any decor, whether it is a heritage or vintage villa or a modern penthouse. Originating in 17th-century France, it was popular among royalty and upper-class citizens and has since proven to be a durable and long-lasting option.
- Creative licence: It offers unlimited creative possibilities, with block parquet allowing for endless design options and the mosaic method enabling design expression through the selection of timbers, colours, and tile laying techniques. It can be a quiet and subtle beauty or a bold focal point, as seen in a highly contrasting jigsaw arrangement.
- Versatility: A parquet timber floor is versatile and can complement any home’s decor with its wide range of colours, textures, and patterns available. Additionally, it is easy to maintain with simple cleaning using a compatible non-abrasive product and as little water as possible.
- Practical: Modern parquet is easy to maintain and can be restored if damaged. One advantage of a parquet is that small damaged pieces can be replaced without removing the entire plank. Additionally, it can be sanded, resealed, and polished to increase its life and beauty.
- Affordable: Parquet flooring is affordable and its price varies depending on factors such as whether it is block or mosaic, the type and origin of the wood, the coverage area, and surface treatment. While classics such as Herringbone parquet wood are more expensive, they are quite cheap when compared to other flooring materials.
- Sustainable: Parquet is an environmentally friendly option, with its real wood material sourced from sustainable forests or recycled from devastated floorboards. This makes it a fantastic option while also being environmentally friendly.
- Easy maintenance and repairs: One of the most significant advantages of using timber flooring is its ease of maintenance, and parquet Wood Flooring is no exception. It is easy to maintain and repair, making it a practical choice for homeowners. Small damaged pieces can be replaced without removing the entire plank, and they can be sanded, resealed, and polished to extend their life and beauty.
- It outperforms laminate flooring: We don’t mean to bash laminate flooring, but it’s a fact that one is made of real wood and the other isn’t. Parquet simply outperforms laminate flooring with its real wood material, while also being less expensive than traditional hardwood flooring. Wood parquet flooring is made by glueing real pieces of hardwood together to form a tile pattern, whereas laminate is made of pressed wood with a digital image of wood or tile on top.
- Parquet loves rugs: Rugs of various styles, including intricate woven kilims, monotone thick piles, rustic tribals, or on-trend bright geometrics, look great on the parquet. Whatever your personal style or preference is, they will look great on your timber parquet flooring.
There’s something about the look of natural wood that adds beauty and character to any space. Hardwood floors are simply stunning, especially the engineered timber parquet flooring. Their addition introduces a touch of luxury, something that is difficult to replicate, while also increasing the property’s value.
You can install parquetry timber floors on your property too. Oslek Flooring is one of the best timber flooring suppliers in Melbourne and Sydney. They have the expertise and the personnel to deliver stunning results. As a leading name in the wooden flooring industry, you can trust them to bring your idea to life. Furthermore, you have full control over how your flooring is designed – from choosing the wooden boards to the texture and even the colour. To top it all off, they can provide complete interior design consultation for all of your needs including the cost of parquetry flooring.
To get in touch with their team, you can call on 03 9877 1966 / 0414 552 224 or send them an email at email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org.