NEET 2023 is an entrance exam for courses like MBBS, BDS, and Ayush. This examination is a national-level basis for getting admission into the following courses which are provided by private and government medical colleges and universities in India. The National Testing Agency will conduct the NEET 2023 exam on May 7, 2023. Candidates who are willing to take an admission in MBBS, BDS, and AYUSH programmes in various famous government and private medical colleges in India can also apply on the basis of their NEET scores. Admissions are also offered by top medical institutions like AIIMS, JIPMER, AFMC, etc. In this article, we have provided complete information about the NEET 2023 exam, including application, exam date, eligibility, pattern, syllabus, etc. These are all very helpful to you in gaining better knowledge for the NEET 2023 examination.
NEET 2023 application form
The process of NEET Application Form 2023 demands certain important pointers to be kept in mind.
- Candidates who want to apply for the NEET exam are required to fill out the application form by the 1st week of March 2023.
- Once the application opens, you have to fill in the details of your name and address like this in the given application form with the correct details.
- After completing the application form, click next and upload the scanned copies of the required documents, like your photo, signature, etc.
- Candidates must submit the application form before the last week of March 2023; after that, application forms are closed and no one can apply.
- Payment of the application fee itself can be made online using a debit or credit card, UPI, net banking, etc.
- Download, save, and print a copy of the confirmation page of the application form for future reference; this may be helpful in the future.
The application fee is different for each category. The following are the fees for each category based on the rules
- The general category candidates will be charged Rs. 1500/-.
- General category candidates (EWS or OBC-NCL) will be charged Rs 1400/-.
- Candidates who belong to the SC, ST, PWD, or transgender categories will pay Rs 800/-.
- Candidates from outside India must pay an application fee of Rs. 8,500.
- Candidates should also have to pay additional charges and GST.
- The application fee will be taken online, meaning candidates will have to pay the amount by NetBanking using a credit card or UPI.
NEET Eligibility Criteria:
Students should ensure that they are eligible to take this entrance exam, and some of the eligibility criteria sectors are listed below:
Foreign nationals, Indian nationals, NRIs, and PRs are also eligible for the NEET examination.
Students belonging to Jammu and Kashmir, UT, and Ladakh are eligible to apply under the 15% All India Quota based on a self-declaration bias.
Candidates who are 17 years of age or will be 17 on or before December 31st are eligible to apply. There will be no chance for an upper age limit to apply for NEET.
Qualification: Candidates must have an intermediate education with physics, chemistry, and English as core subjects.
NEET 2023 Exam Pattern
Exam patterns are also essential to know before attending the entrance exam. Here are some of the points made about the exam pattern
Mode: The exam will be held in an offline mode, and it is a pen-and-paper-based test.
Number of Questions: There will be 200 questions, of which 180 are mandatory. In section B, candidates will be given choices.
Types of Questions: The question will be in the form of a multiple-choice question.
Duration: The duration of the exam will be 3 hours and 20 minutes.
Medium: The NEET question paper for 2023 will be in the following languages: English, Hindi, Bengali, Gujarati, Malayalam, Kannada, Marathi, Odia, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu, and Punjabi.
Marking Scheme: Candidates will be given 4 marks for each correct answer, and 1 mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer.