Masala Chai is one of the most popular types of teas in the world. This classic style of black tea is brewed with different spices that are grown in South and Southeast Asia. Cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cardamom, and clove are some popular spices for this type of tea. Using our different spice mixes and Assam black tea, we have created an exciting range of drinks using our masala chai recipes.
For instance, Dirty Masala Chai is one of the many masala chai recipes that we play with at Amala Chai. To prepare this recipe, you need sweeter coffee beans, milk, cardamon chai masala, and Assam Black CTC Tea. Read on to discover how to prepare Dirty Masala Chai and our other masala chai recipes.
- Dirty Masala Chai
Occupying the first spot on our top 4 masala chai recipes is Dirty Masala Chai. Also known as filthy masala chai, this recipe is a regular cup of masala chai blended with one shot of espresso (usually sweeter coffee beans).
Making dirty masala chai isn’t as difficult as you may have thought. To prepare this recipe, you need the following ingredients:
- One shot of espresso
- More than ½ mug of water
- About ½ mug of milk or its alternative
- ½ tablespoon of Assam Tea
- Optional – 1 teaspoon of sugar
- ½ teaspoon of Cardamom chai masala
Cardamom is a healthy traditional spice that helps to improve blood circulation. For a perfect cardamom masala chai use our Amala Chai Assam Black CTC Tea, our full-bodied malty tea combines perfectly with cardamom chai masala.
To prepare your dirty masala chai recipe,
- You need to start by brewing your Assam tea and cardamom chai masala.
- As soon as you start noticing bubbles, add your mug of milk and allow it to boil for 2 minutes.
- Next, pour one shot of espresso over the perfectly brewed chai.
- Use a tea strainer to filter the product. After that, you can start enjoying your chai.
2. Golden Milk (Turmeric Milk)
Golden milk or turmeric milk masala chai recipe offers a lot of nutritional value to consumers. This recipe isn’t just nourishing. In addition, it comes with a silky smooth texture and is interestingly easy to prepare. What matters is that you need to get the right ingredients for this recipe.
So, what ingredients do you need for golden milk chai?
- ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon of Cardamom Masala spice
- 1 knob grated ginger
- Optional – 1 to 2 teaspoons of honey or sugar
- 1 cup of milk or its alternative
To prepare your turmeric milk chai recipe, all you need is to put all the required ingredients in a pan and boil under medium heat. After boiling, pour the chai through a loose-leaf tea strainer and start enjoying your tea.
- Iced Masala Chai
Our Iced Masala Chai recipe is pretty easy to prepare. To make this product, you need the following ingredients:
- 1/2 cup of water
- ½ teaspoon of Cardamom chai masala
- ½ tablespoon of black tea
- ½ cup of milk or its Alternative
- Optional – 1 to 2 teaspoons of sugar or honey
Once you have the necessary ingredients, you can proceed with the following steps:
- In the right quantity, add water, masala tea, and sugar (optional) in a pan.
- Boil the mix under medium heat until it boils. After that, allow the boiled mixture to simmer for roughly 2 minutes.
- Filter the product by using a loose-leaf tea strainer.
- Next, place the well-filtered chai mixture in the fridge for roughly 10 minutes. After that, pour over ice and add the right amount of milk. Stir the mixture and enjoy your tea.
The iced Masala Chai recipe comes with black tea and cardamon. These two ingredients have some health benefits. For instance, black tea is a great source of antioxidants. Cardamom, on the other hand, is effective in improving blood circulation. Overall, this recipe will help boost your immunity.