You’re probably familiar with the difficulty of impressing other’s parents after having a baby, but have you ever thought about how hard it must be to impress your new baby’s mum? Whether she’s going through the exhaustion of sleepless nights or the happiness of feeding her adorable little bundle of joy for the first time, your partner has undergone significant changes in her life. As such, you want to show her how much you care by doing all the small things that mean so much to her.
1. Give her a gift hamper
A gift hamper from Mama Jewels will show her that you think of her and will be much appreciated. It can include diapers, wipes, lotion, diaper rash cream, baby shampoo/body wash, hand sanitizer, pacifier (if she is breastfeeding), gripe water, or colic drops. Think about whether other children are in the house, how many nappies they go through etc.
2. Give her a home spa box
For the first few months after she has given birth, the new mum will be busy with her new baby. You can make her happy by preparing a home spa box for her. Fill the box with luxurious bath salts or bubbles, soothing music, candles, and all the lotions and potions she needs to pamper herself while caring for her new baby. She’ll appreciate your efforts even more if you take it to her at the hospital or house.
The following items are worth considering: lavender-scented eye pillow; scented candles; aromatherapy essential oils; goody bag of personal hygiene products (hand sanitizer, tissues, lip balm); nursing bra; nursing tank top in cotton fabric.
3. Compliment her on how well she is doing
Compliment her with such sentences: Congratulations on becoming a mother! You’re doing such a fantastic job with everything. Being a mum is hard work; I’m glad you’re up for the challenge. Keep up the excellent work, and always take time for yourself. You seem to handle motherhood well, and I admire your strength. Motherhood is tough, but you are strong, and I know you’ll get through it!
4. Get her a thoughtful gift
A thoughtful gift is a perfect way to show her you care. You can buy her a gift hamper from Mama Jewels. Here are five ideas for gifts that will make her feel loved and appreciated.
- A pot of flowers delivered to the hospital or home
- A small bouquet in a vase
- A handwritten card
- Breakfast in bed
- Flowers on their doorstep
5. Tell her she is doing a great job
A new mum is doing the hardest job imaginable, so she deserves your support and appreciation. Here are some ways to show her that you care:
- Offer help – Whether running errands, cooking dinner, or just playing with their kids while they take a nap; there are plenty of ways to lend a hand.
- Be patient – It takes time for people to adjust after having a baby, and it can be frustrating when they’re still changing after six months or even more. So, only pressure them into coming out to social events if they are up for it. Encourage them to spend as much time as possible bonding with their child at home instead.