Are you looking for a better way to run your digital business? If yes, then there’s no need for you to further look around. With Shopify POS hardware, you have the answer to what you’re looking for. In case you don’t know, this POS hardware is designed specifically to enable you to run your business and process various payments directly from your mobile device (smartphone or tablet).
How exactly does Shopify POS hardware work? What are the different types of POS hardware and how to choose the best products? Read on to discover everything you need to know about Shopify POS hardware, including how Flatline Agency can help you get started with the best option.
What is Shopify POS hardware?
Today, Shopify is popularly known across the world as the leading (arguably) point-of-sale (POS) system for small-scale businesses. Shopify POS system is available as a hardware & software solution. The system features a card reader, tablet or smartphone, and a printer for receipts.
One highlighting feature of the POS hardware is its ease of use and customization. Interestingly, the Shopify POS hardware is available in many options for you to choose from, for your business needs. With the right choice, you can always take advantage of the POS system to sell products online, track sales, manage inventory, or process payments.
How to set up your Shopify POS system?
The setting up process of the Shopify POS system is pretty easy. The most important thing is that you need to get the necessary hardware in place. Once all these devices are ready, you can follow the simple steps below to set up the POS system:
Step 1: Shopify POS hardware
Below is the list of the Shopify POS hardware that you need to set up the system, accordingly:
- Smartphone or tablet
- Shopify POS Stand
- Receipt printer
- Barcode scanner
- Cash drawer (optional)
Step 2: The setup process
As soon as you have all the above-listed Shopify POS hardware available, all you need is to proceed with the setup process.
- First, you need to connect your mobile device (smartphone or tablet) to the Shopify POS stand. This step only requires you to connect your charging cord to the power supply on the POS stand.
- Switch on your Bluetooth-based receipt printer and barcode scanner. Also, keep them within the range of the mobile device.
- Last, you can decide to connect your cash drawer to your receipt printer using the available cable. But it’s totally fine if you don’t have a cash drawer.
That’s all about setting up your POS system with the best Shopify POS hardware. You need to understand that this setup isn’t enough without the Shopify POS app installed on your mobile device.
- After getting the Shopify POS app, you need to create a Shopify account.
- Next, log in with your Shopify account details.
- Next, start picking the products you want to sell online.
Factors that influence the cost of the right Shopify POS hardware
- The size of your Shopify POS hardware is the first factor that influences the cost of the right Shopify POS hardware. You can always begin by going for a few important items. However, as your business starts to grow, you’ll need more machines to improve your business. Irrespective of your business size, you can rest assured that Shopify has a scalable pricing model that allows you to add more hardware to your business.
- What features are you looking for? This is another factor that could affect the price of Shopify hardware. The more features you want, the more money you have to pay for your POS system.
- Do you sell high-priced or low-priced products? For low-priced items, you only need less expensive machines.
That said, the bottom line is that the price of Shopify POS hardware depends on your needs. In most cases, you may have to spend roughly $500 or more to acquire the necessary machines.
How to get started with the Shopify POS system
There’s no denying that Shopify is one of the leading POS system providers today. If you’re considering improving your business, the Shopify POS system is a good solution. Flatline Agency is a Shopify partner. As such, you can trust us to deliver you the best Shopify POS system solutions that suit your business. Feel free to contact us to learn more about how to find the right Shopify POS hardware for your business.