Many times people face the problem of the slow speed of the network. Due to this problem, most of our professional and personal tasks remain incomplete. So you must be aware of how to solve this problem.
Check The Wired Connection
Before you blame the wifi, firstly you must have to check the internet connection which performs as it should. If not then connect your computer to the router by the use of an ethernet cable. If your computer and laptop don’t have an ethernet port then you will need a USB for the ethernet adaptor.
Take a speed test of your router to check the speed of the internet. If the speed of the router doesn’t match the internet bill then you can call your ISP i.e., Internet Service Provider for the replacement of your router.
The speed of the internet seems slow, it may take time to prepare a better plan. If you get good speed standing near to the router but not away in the house then you can blame your wifi coverage. If your router is still slow when you stand near the router it means that you will need to upgrade your router firmware.
Update Your Router Firmware
Before you start to change things, it is a good idea to update your router firmware. The manufacturers of routers also improve their software to give the best speed of the network. The upgradation of the Router still depends upon your device’s manufacturer and model. We have a few points to update your wifi Router firmware
- Connect the router to the computer with the help of an ethernet cable.
- From the Site of the manufacturer, you can download the updated firmware of the extender.
- For example, if you have a wavlink router, you can visit wifi.wavlink.com.
- Enter the model number and product name.
- Now, you see the latest version of the firmware. Select any one of them and go for download.
- After that, the speed of your wifi router is good.
Achieve Ideal Location For Your Router
Not at all the homes, the wifi signal will distribute the signal equally. The main fact is that where you place your router in the home mainly affects your wireless coverage.
- Keep your wifi router in the open air i.e., away from the walls and obstructions to prevent overheating.
- Place your router in the central location of your house with the help of a router. By this, you can get the signal in all the directions of your house.
- If you remove even one wall between your router workspace and router with the help of this you improve the speed of your wifi.
- If your router has an external antenna then take it up in the horizontal or vertical direction which gives the signal in all directions.
Check Frequency of Router Band
If you have a dual-band router then switch your router band from a 2.4GHz band to a 5GHz band for the speed of the router. The 5GHz band doesn’t only offer a fast speed but it also has less interference from other wireless connections and devices because the frequency is not commonly used. If your router doesn’t give you an option to use the same SSID then just give it to another name like-smith house 5GHz and try to connect them manually whenever it is possible.
Change The Antenna of the Router
If your router has an internal antenna, then it is a good idea to add a new external antenna for good signal strength. In many cases, most people choose the omnidirectional antenna which sends the signal in all directions or sends signal in a specific direction.
Omnidirectional is the better option for you to get the best signal strength for your router. Check the website of your manufacturer to buy the best antenna.
Go For New Range Extender
If you have done all the tips and it was failing then it is the last option to place your extender near the router. A range extender receives a signal from your router and sends the signal to your devices. We can place your extender approximately 20 feet away from the router.
With the help of this article, many people know how to boost the signal strength of your router. After this article, you must go on wavlink extender setup for the setup of your extender because many people don’t know how to set up their wifi extender.