Microneedling is a method used by dermatologists to injure your skin with extremely fine needles. These needles induce the release of growth factors. However, Dermapen is the latest application of microneedling in which this pen-like device is used to add highly concentrated vitamins to your skin.
In other words, we can say that microneedling is a technique to make your skin stronger and smoother and Dermapen is the device used to apply this technique.
Dermapen treatment requires six steps. The process involves a technique in which your blood vessels are punctured and platelets of that particular area are released. As a result of which cells are stimulated and make new connective tissue fibers that lead to skin improvement.
Dermapen technique requires 6 treatments. These treatments are held every 4 to 6 weeks. These repetitive treatments help your dermatologist to keep a check on your skin condition throughout this treatment. It will also give a boost to your skin and your dermatologist will guide you after every session.
The needling and peeling therapy
In microneedling along with the use of Dermapen needling therapy, the process also involves peelings. Depending upon the type of acid used and the effects of these applications, these peelings vary from mild to deep. Your dermatologist will determine the type of peeling and whether its combination with needling is necessary or not.
Microneedling what to expect
As a result of this treatment, the blood points are triggered and they may become visible on your skin. The deeper the therapy goes; the visible will be the effects on your skin. However, it depends upon the decision of your dermatologists and your desired results. As not every Dermapen treatment leads to blood point visibility.
After your microneedling session, you may experience
- A slight swelling, redness, or blood dots on your skin after 24 hours of your treatment.
- After 1 to 2 days of your treatment, the redness becomes mild and those red blood dots become less visible. Though the swelling also reduces but your skin will become dry, tight, and itchy.
- After 3 days, the swelling disappears and the itchiness and redness decrease even more.
- Within 4 to 5 days your skin looks tight and dry but it has recovered and is now functioning normally.
What to avoid
- Avoid using makeup on your skin.
- Do not go out in direct sunlight for at least for next 14 days. If it’s necessary, use SPF 30/50.
- Avoid doing extreme sports and workouts after your microneedling treatment.
- Avoid using a shower the same day after treatment.
- Avoid swimming and hot saunas for a few days.
- Avoid using cleansers and soap on your skin. Instead, use the products that are recommended by your dermatologist to avoid any allergic reaction.
The benefits of Dermapen microneedling
Dermapen microneedling has its extensive and best results when it comes to treat
- Pale, dull, and pigmented skin
- Wrinkled, sagging, and aging skin
- Dark spots, pores, and rosacea
- Acne, acne scars, skin impurities, and fine lines
When should you avoid this treatment?
- You must avoid undergoing Dermapen microneedling when
- You are diabetic
- In case of pregnancy and breastfeeding
- If you have any allergy to surgical steel tools
- When you have active herpes
- If you have any autoimmune disease
- If you suffer from skin cancer
- If you are on blood thinning medicines
- If you are diagnosed with extremely weak blood vessels
Tips to follow after Dermapen microneedling
Once your treatment is done, sleep on your back with your head elevated. This will minimize the swelling and pain.
Drink plenty of water and avoid sugary drinks. This will speed up your recovery. If you are interested is this treatment then check dermapen price in Pakistan online for DIY or if you are a salon owner then order in bulk.