QuickBooks has been designed keeping ease of use in mind. That’s why it has various features that make the user’s life highly convenient. However, you cannot completely prevent yourself from encountering errors. The QuickBooks script error is a technical issue that seems quite confusing to many. This error in QB limits you from working on the program. It also makes the updating process sluggish. But you’d feel glad to know that you can fix it with QuickBooks tool hub and get back to working with QB. Here in this post, you’ll find everything about the triggering factors and the resolutions for this error.
What Reasons Are Behind QuickBooks Script Error
The problem happens in various devices due to many factors. Listed below are the key ones.
- The script processing tools are switched off.
- You have turned on script debugging.
- Your Internet Explorer is not syncing with QuickBooks.
- There is an issue with your browser configuration.
- You haven’t cleared the SSL certificate from Internet Explorer.
Fixes for the Script Error in QuickBooks
After knowing about the causes, you must have found that the error mainly occurs due to wrong internet settings. Troubleshoot it through these solutions.
Make Intuit a reliable website in your Internet Explorer
In this way, you must first configure the Internet Explorer. After that, add Intuit as a credible website in its settings.
- After opening Internet Explorer, tap ‘Command.’
- Now Select ‘Tools.’
- Pick ‘Internet Options’ and head to the ‘Security’ tab.
- Hit ‘Trusted sites’ followed by ‘Sites.’
- Type *.intuit.com in the ‘Add this website to the zone’ area.
- Now add it.
- Clear the check on ‘Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone’ there in the ‘Trusted sites’ box,
- Now close this window, and clear the ‘Enable Protected Mode’ area.
- Exit your browser.
Run the QB Tool Hub
You can also run QB Tool Hub and get past the script error. You have to first download and set up the latest utility version and then use these pointers.
- Run the QB Tool Hub on your system.
- When it runs, hit the tab of ‘Program Problems.’
- You will see a series of prompts. Just go by them and fix the script issue.
Switch off add-ons in Internet Explorer
Turning off add-ons is another crucial measure to overcome QuickBooks script error. Doing it is extremely straightforward.
- After launching Internet Explorer, find the ‘Tools’ section.
- Choose ‘Internet Options.’
- Look below the ‘Programs’ tab.
- Here, tap ‘Manage Add-ons.’
- Hit a specific add-on and opt to disable it from the end part of your screen.
- Click ‘OK.’
- Exit the browser.
Use compatibility view to run Internet Explorer
If your Internet Explorer is not in compatibility view, you will often encounter script issues in QuickBooks. So, run the Internet in compatibility view by using these steps.
- Launch the Internet Explorer.
- Get to the ‘Tools’ area present under ‘Settings.’
- Now launch the ‘Compatibility View Settings.’
- Set a check mark against the checkbox saying ‘Display all websites in compatibility View.’
- Hit the ‘Save’ button for the modifications to get implemented.
Disable the script bugging option
As mentioned before, if you’ve enabled the script bugging option, it will make you experience the script error in QuickBooks. You can deactivate it quickly.
- Open Internet Explorer. Then go to ‘Internet Options.’
- Tap the ‘Advance’ button in the existing window.
- Scroll down to find the options ‘Disable Script Debugging (Internet Explorer)‘ and ‘Disable Script Debugging (Other).‘
- Tap the boxes for these options and save the changes.
- Tap ‘Apply’ and then ‘OK.’
- Close Internet Explorer and switch on your computer again.
- Launch QuickBooks.
Remove SSL certificate from Internet Explorer
The presence of an SSL certificate also leads to script issues in QB. It’s easy to clear it and fix the problem you are facing.
- Hit the gear symbol at the top-right area.
- Now select ‘Internet Options’ from the drop-down.
- Find the ‘Content’ tab.
- Here you will find ‘Clear SSL State.’ Click it.
- Now click ‘OK.’
- Exit the current windows on your system.
- After that, restart your system.
- Attempt to open your QuickBooks.
You must feel convinced after reading this post that it isn’t hard to fix QuickBooks script error. Just a few tweaks in your Internet Explorer settings will do the trick. But if you require some more guidance, feel free to contact an expert QuickBooks technical support service.