Already, there have been reports of rising costs and a lack of adequate accommodation. For example, for his first three nights of the tournament, he has 21 properties available on his Booking.com, an online travel agency, with prices ranging from his $1,000 a night to his $51,000. I will go up.
Host countries have often found innovative ways to accommodate their fans, and Qatar is no exception.
Here’s what Qatar has thought of to potentially accommodate millions of football fans.
If You Can’t Build, Sail — Luxury Cruise Ships
Worried that you need to give your best for the group stage match between Japan and Costa Rica? A barber shop and beauty salon are available.
The ship is a 10-minute shuttle ride to central Doha, but staying in one of the spacious cabins doesn’t come cheap. It should be in the $605 to $2,779 per night range, but given the inclusion of a buffet breakfast, it’s pricey compared to some of the other options available to ticket holders.
Home away from home — apartments and villas
Qatar Accommodation Agency, the official supplier of accommodation for the event, aims to have between 100,000 and 130,000 rooms available on any night of the 28-day tournament.
There is already a listing for ticket holders of apartments and villas from 1 to 6 bedrooms, with ticket holder prices ranging from $84 to $875 per night. Most are easily accessible by public transport and the villas are fully equipped with kitchens, washing machines, pools and gyms.
The property, like other properties offered by accommodation agencies, will either be released in phases in line with FIFA’s ticketing phase or be rented out on a first-come, first-served basis in packages offered by Qatar Airways.
In addition to official accommodation, it offers an Airbnb-like booking platform that allows residents to rent out their homes to travel enthusiasts. By applying for a license with the Qatar Tourism Board, residents or building owners can also list their apartments on other portals such as Airbnb.
Festival Experience ~Fan Village~
Camping in the desert, the Arabian way — Bedouin-style tents
If all else fails, sleep in a different country
Accommodation in Qatar is expected to be very limited, so the country has opted to accommodate ticket holders in neighboring countries, with short flights in and out each day.
Cities such as Riyadh, Dubai and Abu Dhabi can also be reached by car, all within seven hours.
Russian stock exchange to start trading UAE dirham, Indian rupee
The Moscow Exchange is working on a plan to start trading the UAE dirham and the Indian rupee, but said there were certain “obstacles” on the part of the central bank of India, according to Reuters. Danil Korablev, head of sales to non-credit organizations, said on social media that it might not go on sale this year.
- Background: Russia, hit by Western sanctions over Ukraine, is aggressively shifting trade from dollars and euros to currencies of countries it deems “friendly.”
- Important reasons: The United Arab Emirates and India have not joined Western allies in imposing sanctions on Russia in the war in Ukraine. Many Russians emigrated to the UAE because Western sanctions prevented them from doing business in their country. UAE in February abstained from UN resolutions He condemned Russia’s war and, with Saudi Arabia, rejected US calls for more oil production to curb inflation.
NATO allies condemn cyber attacks blamed on Iran
NATO allies on Thursday blamed the governments in Washington and Tirana for a recent cyber attack on Albania that blamed Iran, Reuters reported.
- Background: Albania cut diplomatic ties with Iran on Wednesday, with Prime Minister Eddi Rama accusing the Islamic Republic of committing the July attacks and giving diplomats 24 hours to close the embassy and leave the country. In a rare video address, Rama said cyberattacks could “cripple public services, erase digital systems, hack state records, steal electronic communications on government intranets, and stir up chaos and unrest in the country.” ” he said.
- Important reasons: Relations between Iran and Albania have been strained since 2014 when Albania hosted nearly 3,000 members of the exiled opposition group Mujahideen-e-Hhalq. Albania’s closest ally, Washington, also condemned Iran and promised to “take further action to hold Iran accountable for actions that endanger the security of US allies.”
US targets companies over Iranian drone production, shipments to Russia
The United States on Thursday imposed sanctions on an Iranian company for coordinating a military flight to transport Iranian drones to Russia, according to Reuters.
- BackgroundUS accuses Iran of supplying Russia with drones for use in war in Ukraine, an accusation Tehran denies. Treasury Secretary for Terrorism and Financial Intelligence Brian Nelson said in a statement Thursday: Ukraine. ”
- Important reasons: Thursday’s sanctions showed little progress toward the revival of a 2015 deal in which indirect talks between Iran and the United States imposed restrictions on Iran’s nuclear program in exchange for the easing of some sanctions. It was done because there was nothing.
Traffickers in the Middle East have found innovative ways to smuggle Captagon, a popular drug in the region. But recent attempts in Syria are for the books.
After being informed, Syrian authorities seized 24 kilograms of Captagon, ground it into a paste, and used glue to make hummus bowls.
The ministry did not say whether the traffickers were exporting the drugs out of the country or not.
Forty-three years ago, Britain’s Queen Elizabeth II made her first official visit to the Gulf Arab states aboard the Royal Yacht Britannia, the first since Britain’s final withdrawal from the Persian Gulf in 1971, meeting regional leaders. We had a meeting.
She met UAE founder Sheikh Zayed in February 1979, seven years after the country was united as a federal state. Her visit was part of her royal tour to six countries, starting in Kuwait and including Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Qatar and Oman.
Several Arab leaders expressed their condolences after Queen Elizabeth died Thursday at the age of 96. UAE President Mohammed bin Zayed said: “Her Majesty is a close friend of the UAE, loved and respected during a long reign marked by dignity, compassion and unwavering devotion to the service of her country. He was a leader who was there,” he tweeted.
The leaders of Qatar, Oman, Iraq, Egypt and Jordan also expressed their condolences.