If you were seriously injured in a car crash because of someone else’s fault, one of the most important things you can do is seek out an experienced personal injury lawyer in Sacramento. The best Sacramento automobile accident attorneys know what it takes to obtain the highest compensation. Moreover, they are dedicated to working with you to ensure you receive the best outcome possible.
You may want to take some time to file a lawsuit after an injury. But, remember, there are deadlines to file a personal injury case. Missing those deadlines could cause you to lose your compensation case. So, you need to take care of the statute of limitations.
Statute of Limitations
The statute of limitations for personal injury claims in Sacramento and California is two years from the date of your injury. Your case will probably be dismissed if you try to file after that date. The time frame can be short in specific circumstances, such as lawsuits involving government claims or allegations of medical negligence. It’s ideal to begin working on your injury lawsuit soon to receive desired compensation.
Remember, your health should be your top priority after a car accident. It would help if you had medical attention to assess your injuries and create the best recovery treatment plan. Depending on the seriousness of your wounds, you could take several months to recover.
The following examples do not exhaust all the circumstances that could decrease or extend the window of opportunity for filing a personal injury lawsuit related to a vehicle accident claim:
- One party resides in a different state.
- A government entity or employee was hurt in the accident.
- A victim was a minor at the time of the collision.
- It took a long time after the collision to identify the accident’s cause of the injuries.
- The accident involves a wrongful killing
- Disability of an accident victim.
Related Article – Personal Injury Lawsuit Statute of Limitations
What to do after a minor car accident?
It is normal to feel shocked or depressed after an accident. You can save yourself the hassle by acting smartly and staying calm. Your actions will support your case to receive the compensation you deserve.
- If the collision is minor, pull your car off the road and into a secure area so you can speak with the other driver.
- Analyze the seriousness of any potential injuries.
- Try to get phone numbers, email addresses, and insurance details of other drivers.
- Make a police call. Make sure to call 911 if someone is hurt.
- Try to gather evidence of the accident.
- Take pictures of the accident area and contact an automobile accident attorney.
You need an experienced trial lawyer who can support your claim with evidence and expert testimony if you want to receive financial compensation that adequately covers your accident.
Contacting an auto accident lawyer in Sacramento will make it simpler for you to locate witnesses to support your case. Additionally, there are legal deadlines, so you must begin pursuing your claim after the accident.
Read also : The Ultimate Guide to Vaping: The Best Wax Liquidizer