QuickBooks is a powerful accounting software used by small and medium-sized businesses. It offers users a wide range of features to manage their finances. However, sometimes users may face errors while using QuickBooks. One such error is QuickBooks won’t open or doesn’t start. This error can be caused by a number of issues, such as damaged or missing files, incorrect settings, and more.
Fortunately, there are many things you can try to fix this type of problems. In this blog, we’ll provide you with a step-by-step guide on how to troubleshoot the QuickBooks Desktop Won’t Open and what are the causes of not working of QuickBooks.
Possible Reasons for QuickBooks Won’t Open
QuickBooks is an amazing accounting software used by businesses of all sizes. However, sometimes QuickBooks can have file-related problems that prevent it from opening. If you’re having trouble opening QuickBooks, there are a few possible reasons why.
- One reason for QuickBooks not opening may be that the file you’re trying to open is damaged or corrupt. This can happen if the file was not properly closed or if it was damaged during a software update. If this is the case, you may be able to fix the problem by running a file repair tool.
- Another possibility is that the QuickBooks installation on your computer is damaged or incomplete. This can happen if you uninstall QuickBooks without completely removing all of the files. To fix this, you can try reinstalling QuickBooks.
Some other reasons:
- Computer has been affected by a virus.
- QuickBooks companies file found but it is already in the use
- The QuickBooks companies file is currently open and being used by another program or user
- QBWUSER.INI file is broken or corrupted
- There might be problems in hard drive
- Windows operating system is damaged
- Error during the installation process
- Some program files have been destroyed
Symptoms of QuickBooks Won’t Open Error
- In the taskbar you see a spinning circle.
- Your QB software keeps freezing.
- The QuickBooks company file doesn’t open.
- The QuickBooks not responding to opened commands.
- When you double click on the company file, it shows “No Company Open”
- While opening your QB on Windows 10, it prompts QuickBooks to stop working.
Solutions of QuickBooks Won’t Open Error
- First, check your internet connection. If your internet is going too slow or disconnected then you won’t be able to open QuickBooks.
- If you are using the QuickBooks Database Server Manager then try to disable the firewall for a while.
- Sometimes QuickBooks services get disabled and that is the reason it leads to this error when we try to open it. So, run the command prompt as administrator and type services.msc in it and hit enter. Now, look for QuickBooksDBXX, QuickBooks FCService, and QBCFMonitorService in the Services list and double click on it to open its properties window.
- After opening all the three services, check their Startup Type, it should be Automatic (Delayed Start). If not then change their Startup Type to Automatic (Delayed Start) or Automatic by clicking the dropdown button beside Startup Type option.”’)
The Bottom Line
QuickBooks is a widely used Accounting Software by the businesses. QuickBooks comes with a user-friendly interface and simple navigation. The software is helpful in creating payrolls and invoices, tracking inventory, managing expenses, generating financial reports and solving all your accounting problems. Since it lacks technical expertise, many times the users find themselves facing some errors. If you’re experiencing this issue, we recommend checking the above items to see if that’s the cause. If you’re still having trouble, you can contact QuickBooks support for further assistance.