The popularity of food supplements is driving the supplement industry to break all previous sales records for nutraceuticals. The recent pandemic has enhanced health awareness among people choosing nutritional supplements to maintain good health. Health supplements help prevent nutritional deficiencies because of excessive consumption of fast food. There is a great demand for food supplements, and a dietary supplements business will succeed if you find a reliable private label supplements resource.
Growing acceptance of nutraceuticals
You will notice a sudden increase in the number of dietary supplement brands. These products occupy huge shelf space in pharmacies, malls, and convenience stores. There are several reasons for the growth of nutraceuticals apart from the marketing and sales promotional activities. These are:
- Awareness about preventive health measures
- The scientific formulation of food supplements
- FDA approval of dietary supplements
- Transparency in labeling enhances consumer trust
- Entry of pharmaceutical companies into the dietary supplement segment
These factors drive the exponential growth of health supplements. Several new business ventures are entering the fray by partnering with private label supplement branding resources.
Different stages of developing a private label supplement
Your private label immune support supplements go through several stages before it is available on the shelves of super shops. Any established private label manufacturer follows every step to ensure the best supplement for your brand.
- Supplement formulation and production – It is the most vital stage as it involves designing the contents of your supplement. Research scientists and formulation experts at private label companies provide valuable guidance on selecting ingredients and their concentration. The production process of the private label nutraceuticals brand should follow GMP norms and other FDA regulations. There should be a third-party lab analysis facility to provide a Certificate of Analysis (COA).
- Labeling and packaging – These are vital aspects as they can impact your brand image and brand perception. Your brand name should reflect the health advantages of your product. Choice of color theme, graphics, and fonts are crucial to creating a unique brand image. The labeling agency should comply with FDA rules for labeling dietary supplements. The label should be capable of inducing the feeling of confidence and trust in the client’s mind.
Key advantages of private labeling
One must focus on quality while developing a private label dietary supplement brand. A private label product is a customized formulation with no resemblance to any of the existing brands. It takes a lot of planning and market research to develop a particular formulation. Copying the formulations of popular dietary supplements may be an easier way, but requires heavy sales promotional activities and price cutting to sell a typical formulation because of direct competition.
The unique formulation of a private label nutraceuticals brand enables you to carve out a niche for the brand. You can also plan a specific target audience, like working women, kids, senior citizens, or youth. Private label formulations enable you to avoid direct competition. It is easy to establish a brand identity if you are marketing a private label nutraceutical supplement. You will have the freedom to decide the price of the private label supplement, as it is not competing directly with available supplements.